![]() |
| School picture 2010 |
It may be almost unhealthy.
The differences between this year and last are startling.
I'm still in shock.
For example:
Fourth graders think you're cool.
They still all copy Alex when you say something like, "I like the way Alex is sitting quietly."
They write you cute letters.
They pretty much follow the rules.
If they get in trouble they cry instead of talk back.
They don't have too many crushes yet.
If they think you're cute, they write a story during writer's workshop about your fiance getting killed on your wedding day and your dates not showing up to take you out.
They compliment you.
They want to know what's going on in your life.
They think getting called back to Guided Reading is like winning the lottery.
They like you even more when you dress up and act things out.
They will do Reader's Theater and won't even make fun of the two kids who have to get married at the end.
They know they're different but don't make fun of each other too much.
They all want the "cool jobs" like Sheriff and Banker.
They will still clean up every speck in the room trying to find the "Magic Piece of Trash" and pick a prize from the treasure chest.
They don't steal each other's class money, hide each other's stuff, or write about each other on Facebook.
They love all the voices in read-aloud.
They are still happy to make cookies and play BINGO and listen to Disney stories at the class party.
They think multiplication.com and spellingcity.com are rewards.
They are sure that having a room with horseshoes and a lasso makes coming to school fun.
It is odd to think that most of the time, I am happy to go to work.
What's that about?
(Although I will never be happy to get out of bed....)

ahh :) sounds like fun! And come on who would not want to have you as a teacher !
ReplyDeletehahaha, I loved your post! So funny. cute cute
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad this year is going so well!! Is that why I still haven't seen you in like a BILLION years??? :) Just kidding! I love you! But I'm totally up for seeing you. Actually if you're free Thursday, Keith is out of town...you could totally come hang out!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
4th grade is the best!
ReplyDeleteMelissa! I didn't know you had a blog! How fun! I loved what you wrote. So fun. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your school picture! You are one hot teacher! No big surprise though. I am glad the school year is going so well for you.
ReplyDeleteDang! I wanted to be the first to post a comment. I love you! And your school picture is seriously awesome--you are such a hottie.
ReplyDeletewow sounds like you're a great teacher Melissa! (wouldn't have surprised me though:)) If you're kids do those thing to you, they sure love you! I'd put my kids in your class:)
ReplyDeletelike to read your posts!