Hmm....What did I do this summer?
#1: Counted my blessings that I'm a teacher and get a summer break!
#2: Didn't work for the first summer in over a decade. :)
#3: Did stuff on my list that has been there for a long, long time!
Here's a brief recap (and the reason I basically didn't blog all summer):
*Made my mission book * Painted my bedroom * Got my file box organized *Cleaned out my bedroom in Provo * Started cleaning out my bedroom back home in Idaho * Got an ultrasound, blood work, and a hydascan and found out I didn't need my gall bladder out * Had my mom come help me decorate my classroom * Went to Idaho and helped my mom decorate her classroom * Went to a whole-lotta yard sales * Went to a week long summer institute for fourth grade teachers * Earned three college credits * Helped with summer reading with second graders for a week * Went to Washington D.C. over the 4th of July for a week with my parents and fell madly in love with it * Dogsat Brinkley, an American Bulldog and her two doggie friends for a week * Did a little hiking * Went to my family reunion at Duck Creek (and organized Minute to Win It) * Went to Sun Valley and saw Itzhak Perlman, the best violinist in the world (think violinist of Schindler's List and Obama's inauguration) * Celebrated my 25th birthday--three times * Went to all the new teacher trainings * Went whitewater rafting on the Snake River up in Wyoming * Went cliff jumping for the first time * Got together with people from my mission and did a temple session * Spent all my spare time in my classroom * Found a little time to go to the pool * Was a bridesmaid twice * Made a wedding cake * Had both roommates move out * Moved rooms * Got a new roommate *
STARTED TEACHING 4th GRADE!
| Hiking the beginning of Timp trail |
| The surprise party! |
| Emily's wedding |
| The White House |
What a great summer! Adventure after adventure! However your theme "What I did over summer vaccation" can use some profreeding, I counted four errors-see if you can find them.
ReplyDelete