Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Job...

Tomorrow and Thursday I have SEPs.  I still have no idea what that means (Student Evaluation Plan?).  All I know is when I was growing up, they were called Parent Teacher Conferences.
No matter what they're called, I will spend all day working, and then will get to see parents from 4:00-7:30 both nights.  At least the PTA provides dinner (and yes, I do know what that acronym stands for.  That name hasn't changed in my lifetime..).

So, I was getting ready for SEPs and had my students fill out a survey.  One question said "What can the teacher do to help you?"  (As in: Work with me more in math or Explain grammar better.)
Imagine my surprise when, looking through them quickly this afternoon, this one caught my eye.

Q: What can the teacher do to help you?
A: She can help me learn tricks.

Wow!  I'm not sure what all that even entails.  Magic tricks?  Hide from your younger siblings tricks?  Make everyone think you're smart tricks?

I just know it made me laugh.  Can't wait to show his mom that one.  :)
And maybe she can let me know just what type of tricks we're talking...
Photo courtesy of:
http://magicalillusions.org/learning-magic-tricks-10-reasons-to-start/

No comments:

Post a Comment