Thursday, February 17, 2011

Because Jimmer isn't worshiped enough....

January/February was poetry in 4th grade.  Who doesn't love a little poetry, right?  I mean, you can spell/write/punctuate how you want and call it "artistic."  What's not to love?
I did have to laugh at a few of their cinquains though.

Jimmer
good three ball
shooting, draining, playing
He can shoot far
Amazing
(Can you tell what we've been talking about in class?)


Jimmer (by a different student)
Fast, awesome
rebounding, shooting, blocking
He is so cool
Fredette
(Okay, let's be honest.  This kid wins.  His Valentine box was even a giant green Jimmer.  You just stuffed the Valentines in his mouth.  I won't even tell you where you got them out.)


Teenagers
mysterious, weird
chatting, dating, talking
major cell phone freaks
idiots
(Hmm...yes, that pretty much sums up seventh grade.  Oh wait.  Except my phone still had a cord on it. hahaha)

Cowboys
Rowdy, fast
riding, roping, working
I absolutely like cowboys
Woody
(I "absolutely like" this poem)


Books
boring, dumb
exploring, teaching, showing
I hate them a lot
Writing
(See?  I am really helping them gain an appreciation for the arts.  I feel better about my job already.)

Go ahead.  Write your own cinquain.  You know you want to.   You may have missed Valentine's Day, but poetry is good year round.  After all, Jimmer has probably not been worshiped enough yet and it's got to better than reading a book.  You'll "absolutely like" it.  I can feel it.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa
    awesome, cool
    smart, pretty, funny
    I think she's incredible
    Herman

    ReplyDelete