Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ways to say I'm sorry

5th Grade has been full of adventure. They are supposed to get a 4 (meaning they were on good behavior) whenever they go to classes like art or P.E. Last week, the girls got a 3 and the boys got...well...a zero. I don't think that's been done in the history of P.E. at this school, but it happened. So, I got to come up with a punishment that would fit the crime. They boys missed two recesses, the girls one, and everyone had to write an apology. Some were so funny I couldn't resist sharing.

"Sorry for being bad in P.E. I am sorry for screwing around when we were supposed to jump."

"I'm sorry for what we did in P.E. Some of it wasn't our fault. Next time we will be better at P.E. I'll even try to make ______ and _______ (students' names) be more mature." (Put that tattling plug in, kid!)

"Sorry! We were bad in P.E It was not really me. I only did not Freeze! when you told us to. I will help my class be better and sometimes me too. I like to jump Rope. and I liked your recipe for your cake. We ate it for my mom's birthday. P.S. I like P.E. the best. Plus the grils (yes, it was spelled that way) only have to stay in one recess which is not fair!" (You'll be better only sometimes or you only need it sometimes?....Now that is a great question!)

"I am intensely sorry that the boys in Miss Waite's 5th grade class were not following the rules. Furthermore, I pledge that I, _______, will set an example to my fellow boys. Not only will I set an example, but I also cooperate and follow the rules." (Oooh..."intense" sorrow. I like it!)

"I'm sorry that us boys were even worse than the girls." (Now THAT's something to be sorry about!)

"I will help my classmates to be more in control. We are having to miss recess. Boys-2 Girls-1." (Just for the count.)

And there you have it. Remorse from the depths of their little 5th grade hearts. Maybe they get it from me, the teacher whose first spoken sentence upon this planet was, "Brett did it." No time like the present to learn accountablity, eh? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Thanks for the laughs and thanks again for breakfast, it was so fun just chatting! I love you!

    ReplyDelete